Volunteer at our National Conference
We would be so happy to have your help at the Best Friends National Conference! Volunteers are a crucial part of the conference’s success because they help the event run smoothly and ensure that every attendee has a wonderful experience.
Although volunteering is a great way to help the animals, have fun and meet like-minded people, it’s also hard work. At the 2015 Conference, more than 140 dedicated people volunteered more than 1,500 hours.
Here are a few things you need to know before you sign up to volunteer:
- Conference volunteers must be at least 18 years old and able to commit to working at least one full shift lasting about four hours. Non-local volunteers are asked to commit to a full day (two shifts).
- A light lunch will be provided for volunteers working during the applicable shift. Volunteers are responsible for all other meals, transportation and hotel expenses.
- Volunteers work to put on this event, therefore attending conference sessions is not a part of every volunteer opportunity. If you want to attend the conference sessions, we recommend you register for the conference rather than volunteering. You will then be able to take full advantage of all of the educational and networking opportunities that are afforded conference attendees — opportunities that you will not have access to as a volunteer.
- Online volunteer orientation and training sessions will be scheduled before the conference. If you can’t attend a live session, you can watch a recorded session instead.
- From setup to tear-down, greeting, assisting and registering attendees, there are tons of volunteer opportunities to match your interests. Please see the volunteer opportunities page for more information.
Volunteer recruitment will begin in late April or early May, but if you are already interested in helping or have questions, please email email@example.com.
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering at the Best Friends National Conference and for everything you do for the animals. When you volunteer, you are helping to Save Them All.